Monday, December 6, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 50 - The Fox 'what an amazing' Theatre

This past week I had the privledge of taking a few photos in the main lobby of the Fox Theatre in Detroit. I wasn't able to take any pictures inside the theatre itself like I hoped, but I hope to get the chance to do so in the new year. Special thanks to Kevin Lao for both opportunities. My pic of the week is the nutcracker on the Loge Level where the Christmas tree also is displayed for the holidays. I think it has a very festive kind of candy cane feel to it. The rest are a collection of other displays and fixed features in the lobby, including the wreath on the main pipes, the staircase monsters, angels, the Fox usher, and a few panaramics from a few different angles. There's even a shot of the old train station in Detroit that I took on my way to the Ambassador Bridge. I love how the sky is two different colours of blue. Totally bizarre. I hope you like them, and I hope to bring you a part two of the historic Fox Theatre in 2011, since Cale and I have decided to continue our blog throughout a second year. Whoohoo! Cu next Monday. t

No comments:

Post a Comment