Monday, May 17, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 21 - Harwell Farewell


On Monday, May 10th, the Detroit Tigers paid tribute to the now late and great Ernie Harwell.
I didn't have my good camera that night, only my point and shoot Canon, but it takes pretty good pictures so I can't complain.
My pic of the week is a wanna wide angle of Mr. Harwell's name on the right-centerfield wall with his tribute being paid on the scoreboard in the background.
The flag donning the initials 'EH' was also raised in his honour for the remainder of the season.
Of course with a quick stop by the old Tiger Stadium grounds I snapped a couple quick photos, one of a rose an Ernie Harwell fan stuck in the fence, and the other, a banner on the corner of Michigan and Cochrane stating, 'Keep The Corner Alive'.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment