Thursday, May 6, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 16 - Corktown Sandlot


I've got to start by apologizing once again for being behind on my Area 53 weekly photo blog. It's been a rough and busy month dealing family issues and my book release, which kept me from maintaining this blog like I wanted to.
The photos were taken weekly as normal, however, I wasn't able to go through them and post them on time, and eventually not at all, until now.
So here they are in five separate posts. Including next Monday's a whole four days early.
This post should've been on April 12.
A day in Detroit with my camera in tow led to a few random pics at a few random locations.
My pic of the week is a panaramic I've entitled 'Corktown Sandlot'. It's actually Tiger Stadium, or what's left of it. A beautiful sandlot featuring the stadium's original playing field, with the flagpole still in centerfield, American flag blowing in the wind and all.
The others are a collection of shots from the Fisher Building, Detroit Public Library, and a condemned church and a burned out house in close proximity to Comerica Park and Ford Field.
Enjoy, from the D.
Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment