Sunday, August 22, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 35 - Thamesville Bridge(s)

The Historic Thamesville Bridge was the 'happy accident' of the weekend before rain put a damper on things and ended a random road trip on account of the downpour.
I didn't know it at the time but it turned out the bridge is actually in fact historic.
There was a rock at the site telling the whole story but I couldn't get a shot out of the car window with the heavy rain.
Check out this link, it's got a bit of history about the bridge(s).
My pic of the week is a panaramic of the current bridge and the south remains of it's original predecessor. The rest are a collection of the site including a water level scale underneath the bridge, a cemetary beside the narrow entrance of the area, and the odd pic out being a shot of some cool clouds I saw when I was getting in the car beside a gas station.
For more info on the Thamesville Bridge and to see some cool pics of the bridge from road level click on the link to what they have to say about it on historicbridges.org
I hope you enjoy the photos.
See you next week.
t


No comments:

Post a Comment