Monday, February 8, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 7 - Rivard & Haig After Dark



For the first time this year during our 'Area 53' project, Cale and I were able to take some photos together.
Mind you it was Sunday night and we were both exhaused by the time midnight rolled around, we took the lazy way out but still managed to get a pretty cool photo out of the deal while learning some new tricks on my camera as well as on Photoshop.
Long story short, we went out on the porch of my house attempting to work with extended open exposures and moving lights, etc.
Cale is getting to be quite a pro at this while this is my first real effort.
Basically what you see is three photographs taken from the exact same spot, then layered in such a way that all the brightest pixels come through in order to merge them all together effectively.
There are four sets of headlights in the photograph, and I've got to say the view from the front of my house has never looked so cool.
I hope you all like it as well.
My extras consist of a few pics I took today during the Multicultural Festival which I was running for work at the University of Windsor.
One is of the 'Walk The Nations' parade passing by Dillon Hall during the march around campus and the second is of one of our performers, I'm not sure if this is Martha or Maria, but they are twins who are both blind as well as phenominal violinists. Kudos to the both of them for doing what they do and inspiring everyone they meet, myself included.

Enjoy and don't forget to check out Cale's pic of the week, I'm excited to see it as well.
Todd
Piper's Parade


Inspirational Music

Click here to see Cale's photos

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work man. I'll get my photo up as soon as my virus scan is finished and it doesnt take 10 minutes to open photoshop. I think I already got my main photo done (edited it lastnight at 3:30am). But I wanna play around with the others before I make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING. Seriously, this is such an awesome photo. I know what you were talking about now with the new Photoshop trick... though I have never done this one myself yours turned out great! Absolutely loving the use of light here, and the continuity. Great work. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete