Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 4 - Ice Fountain


I know Cale is going to make fun of me because my photo of the week is now technically late. Reason being, I wasn't at work all day, and I didn't have an internet connection at all in order to post this photo on time...until now. It's about 3:45am and I haven't gone to bed yet so I'm saying this is still on time.

Anyway, I took this photo on Sunday night in an attempt to get a cool shot of the blue Christmas light along the riverfront with Detroit's RenCen building in the background. By the time I got to the river the fog was so thick you literally couldn't see Detroit at all.

Long story short, I ended up taking a few photos you'll see below of a random coast guard boat that was docked, before my buddy Johnny and I noticed a random fountain was blowing water out like it wasn't negative five degrees outside. What the hell is a fountain doing running in the middle of the winter? Sweet tax dollars at work!

This was the only night I took any photos all week, but I think I'm liking this pic more as time goes on.

Considering it's actually Tuesday, January 19 right now, I've got to take this chance to say 'Happy Birthday' to my brother Brigham. Enjoy your day!

Maple Anchor



Docked Out In Blue


Naval Dedication

2 comments:

  1. Close enough. haha. Nice shot though. Also its kind of neat cause our photos were taken at almost the same time, and both along the river. I went out to shoot some photos in the fog, but it was gone by the time I went out. My photo was taken about an hour after yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still love this Ice Fountain you seemed to come across. Amazing photo... in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete