Thursday, March 18, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 12 - Railway Drive-By


First of all, I need to apologize for my tardiness. I tried desperately to post this photo on Monday night to no avail.
I went well past midnight and continued with no success. I might've had a chance but when I went to the intersection I realized I forgot my memory card, after accidentally breaking a leg on my tripod.
Additionally, I should've had it posted the next day but was too busy and/or distracted to get it up until now.
So here's what I wanted to do.
I wanted to bust out a really cool photo using some of the cool photography techniques Cale taught me as well as Photoshop hoping to impress
Basically, I took about twelve photos in order to achieve this result. 30 second exposures of cars driving toward me, cars driving away from me, 15 seconds of the arms coming down and thena quick switch back to 30 seconds as the train flew by. I also got lucky with a bus that happened to come around the corner before I turned my camera off. The bus actually adds so much to this image.
I think I actually impressed Cale with this one, I hope you enjoy it as well.
Ciao for now.
Todd


Click here to see Cale's photos


2 comments:

  1. I still fricken LOVE this... I can't wait until I can buy my 40D :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'bout time. Haha.
    I think this is my favourite of yours so far. I'd be interested to see just the 3 shots of the bus, train, and Arm. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete