Monday, March 1, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 10 - Snow Family


So I randomly came across a huge house with a huge front yard filled a huge amount of snow people.
They all just looked really neat so I ran to grab my camera and headed back without hesitation.
When I returned to the house I suddenly became nervous about going onto the front lawn and snapping pictures so I waited until I saw anybody I could approach and ask permission.
I saw a few kids playing in the backyard near the side of the house, but thought it might not be completely appropriate to ask little kids. I soon saw a boy who was maybe between 15-17 years old, he was in a hurry so I missed that opportunity. The thing was I didn't really know who lived there, university students? a family? all of the above?
I finally got out of the car and approached the kids in the backyard, asking to take some pics of their snowmen, to which they responded, "no problem, go ahead."
So I did.
When I started doing my thing I noticed another little girl who was maybe 6 or 7 years old playing in the vacinity, I didn't want to scare her so I introduced myself and told her the kids in the back said it was okay, to which she agreed.
After a minute or two she casually made her way closer and all shyness when out the window.
"That's me right there?" she said pointing to one of the little snow people.
I was a little confused, but I ased her, "what do you mean?"
"This is my family," she told me, "my sister made them."
I thought that was pretty cool, but she continued, "there are twelve kids in my family, but there are only 10, she isn't finished yet."
I must say the whole thing was pretty cool.
She walked over to the bigger snow people in the background and explained, "this is my mom and dad".
She also told me who the one in the toque was supposed to be but I didn't hear her well enough to tell you now.
I continued to snap a few photos and she continued to talk my ear off.
But it was such a great story and a unique surprize to go along with my photo of the week.
I think I'm going to frame it up and drop it off at their house, I just hope they appreciate the sentiment.
That's all for this week, my busy job only allows me so much free time to get out there and do this kind of thing but after March is over I plan to do alot more.
Enjoy.
Todd

1 comment:

  1. Aw, they're so cute. I bet that little girl was so excited that her family was made into snow people, and then that there was someone who cared enough to take pictures of it. Also, I am sure that they will appreciate the sentiment and keep it for years to come. How often is it that a perfect stranger takes photos of the snow family your daughter built, and then gives you a framed photo of it? PRetty awesome if you ask me.
    Oh... and its not just the 'cuteness' of the snowpeople that make these pictures... You did a great job shooting them.
    Keep them coming...we know that March is crazy... but you can do it!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete