Sunday, June 6, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 24 - Striking!!!


How's this for a rare change? I'm early with my blog.
This week I went a little photo happy. But I enjoyed every minute of it.
I managed to capture some lighting. I was totally stoked.
It's not the coolest scenery in the world, but it's where I was when the storm came, and it came and went by fast. I literally found myself running more than a block away from my buddy's house when the lightning started flashing in the sky. I barely took a couple photos and had to move my tripod to keep up with where the lightning was striking. I used a 10 second open exposure to catch the different flashes, and every time I got to see what I got on the camera display I grew more and more excited. I completely got wrapped up in the moment.
Otherwise, I also got a picture I liked from the Red Bull Air Race practice on Friday, as well as a few from a lunch I shared with a bazillion geese and goslings.
If you want to see some more photos from the my lunch with the goslings click here.
I hope you enjoy these pictures the same way I enjoyed taking them.
t

1 comment:

  1. I of course love your photos...
    There is no link on the "click here" for the gosling photos though (just thought I'd let you know).
    Keep it up T. I am always intrigued to see what you have every week. It's nothing short of variety, that's for sure; and all very well done. Even if you do use photo-manipulation. ;)
    I definitely need to start getting out more...hopefully with a Canon (soon enough).

    ReplyDelete