Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Area 53 - Photo 25 - Something's Fishy

I'm posting my blog a day late this week due to adhering to birthday plans.
I had pig and fish for my birthday this year, and by that I mean my day started when I volntarily attended the routine slaughtering of pigs.
I know it sounds gross, but it was truly enlightening to see how the food we eat makes its way to our local meat retailers.
Of course I didn't take any photographs of my morning endeavor, but on the same property there was a fish pond where I wanted to take a few quick shots.
I had to go back on the fly later in the day, but only for a few quick minutes.
I wasn't able to get exactly what I was hoping for, but i'll surely go back and share what I get from it.
It may sound crazy, but these fish actually get right out of the water on their bellies to grab food, it's insane.
I know they were a little shy and I didn't give them the space they needed to get right out of their pool.
As far as these go, I really love the colours that show up, as well as that of the fish themselves.
Before I finish I would like to point out these aren't your regular little goldfish, these things are ginormous. The yellow fish in the last photo would easily tip the scale at about 15 pounds, so don't be decieved.
Enjoy, see you next week.
t







No comments:

Post a Comment